Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Bob Emser | Spirit of Space

At the beginning of 2008 I set a few goals for myself...one of which, is to donate my services and help document the florishing art community in Terre Haute. My first projects was to photograph the dedication of the piece that has been placed in front of the Swope Art Museum located on 7th street in downtown Terre Haute.



Bob Emser is the artist responsible for creating the stucture that stands proud in front of the Swope Art Museum and the title of the piece is "Spirit of Space". Bob has a very extensive portfolio of work that stretches world-wide and it is such an honor to have his work become an icon in the Terre Haute community. Check out his website to get to know him a bit better! www.bobemser.com





I have to admit that I'm very intimidated by artists...I always feel like I'm out of the loop or won't understand the lingo if I find myself in a conversation that soars way above my head....BUT when I met Bob and asked him if I could get a few shots of him with his art he was so nice! He was up for whatever I wanted and was very focused on what I was asking of him, even though there were so many people who were competing for his attention....It was an honor to photograph and spend time with an artist that has done so much in the art community (not only local, but international!)...what a great experience!




While you are online, check out some of these great local art venues and organizations:

Art Spaces
Swope Art Museum
Arts Illiana



I couldn't resist this shot of the cakes that were custom made by the bakery at Baesler's Market! (Another wonderful LOCAL business!)

1 comment: