Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Engagement | Michelle & Jared

So, I'm officially the biggest fans of Michelle & Jared! I love them~ I had such a great time with them during their E~Session....



We shot their Engagement Session in West Lafayette Indiana, which you should all know, is the home of Purdue University! We hit so many locations that were fun and really personal to them...starting with Michelle's room which is so colorful and full of life...it really set the mood for the day and I was really inspired by all of the vintage objects she has collected (I think we are soul sisters!)






We also made it to the Union, which is where Jared told me that he confessed to Michelle that he liked her for the first time....aww...too SWEET~







There is a 50's style diner in the Union called "Pappy's"...it was too perfect to pass up! Michelle and Jared said that it's a tradition for couples to share a milkshake there....but they had NEVER done it! So we did and I caught it all on film..rr..digital...rr...I captured the moment!











The crazy thing about meeting Michelle is that she is attending Purdue and studying Industrial Design, which is the exact same degree that Levi (my husband) acquired while attending college there. Now, I know that this doesn't sound that uncommon, but when Levi was in school the Industrial Design program was still small in size...I think his graduating class was under 10 students. So when we found out this little detail, Levi was excited to head back to Purdue for a visit!

As Levi and I were heading into town for the shoot, a bank that I had passed a million times traveling back and forth from Purdue to visit Levi caught my eye...I told Levi that I wanted to get some images there and he told me that the bank (Purdue State Bank) was actually designed by an industrial designer named Louis H. Sullivan (who was a teacher of Frank Lloyd Wright!), once I found out that little tidbit of knowledge it was confirmed that we were shooting there! What a perfect way to incorporate Industrial Design in their shoot without it coming off cheesy!





And some fun Scrabble shots at the coffee shop across the street~ Jared's ring has a bit of a love story behind it, but I'll leave that up to them to share ;) Super Romantic!








A few downtown shots before we headed over to the studio...





yay! This is Michelle's computer :) It is actually right across from where Levi used to work! It was a little surreal to be there...Levi spent SO much time there in college and I used to come up and visit every chance I got when we were dating! It's funny how things change, but really stay the same in a lot of ways too...



And a model that she made (a candle holder!)...I think it's so fun to see something that starts as an idea transform into a finished product that someone creates with their own hands!




There are a ton of other pictures I could have shared, but I'll keep it short! Please take a look at Michelle & Jared's Slide Show and let me know what you think!

oh, and Christoper Walken was there for the photo shoot too...I love him.

6 comments:

  1. Awesome photos, Sammy. I was talking to one of your former co-workers when I discovered that you had a photo studio and were doing the mommy thing. Your photos are incredible. I enjoy them greatly, and I look forward to your latest works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam,
    I love these photos...super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks guys! I'm glad you are enjoying them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun shoot! A friend sent this link my way because she recognized the bank building I love! (I am a photog in West Lafayette). Love, love, love the reflection shot, too!
    If you are ever jaunting up the Purdue way again, I would love to meet you guys-- coffee on me! ~ Janet Stephens, THG Photography

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving this..... Great stuff in the diner. perfect b&ws and the scrabble was a cute idea! rocking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMIGOSH!!! I love these photos! So romantic! And I could feel the story from the photos! I feel like I know them now! Beautiful! I hope someday you can do engagement photos for me that are even half as stunning as this couple's! Bravo! :)

    ReplyDelete