Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Wedding | Betsy & Travis

Betsy and Travis were my first 2008 wedding and I couldn't have asked for a better wedding to start my year! They were married in mid-February and had a smaller, more intimate wedding...family members and close friends were in attendance and love was in the air!

Some of my favorite images from weddings are from the "getting ready" section...The excitement is always high while everyone is buzzing around making final preparations and putting finishing touches on all of the details of the day...Here are a few favorites from this wedding...



I love false lashes! They add a bit of drama and beauty~
BEFORE:



AFTER:





The bride always needs a little help with the final touches! Those dresses can be hard to maneuver in...but it is so worth it for how beautiful it makes you look and feel!





Now, we didn't forget about Travis...he was at home getting ready for the wedding, but I was able to catch a great candid shot of him and his father while they waited together just before the ceremony!










Some of the greatest and most cherished images captured can be from moments that are spontaneous and candid...I love how there is a mixture of laughter and crying...I can still feel the energy as I look at this image~



Betsy and Travis are a very special couple to me because they remind me so much of how my relationship is with MY husband...it's crazy, but a little reassuring, to see that other couples are like us! Betsy and Travis are SO laid back, and respectful of each other in every way...even in tough times or times of high stress (which can be the case when planning a wedding) they still maintain their cool! I love it and it makes me truly appreciate what I have in my relationship when I get to witness admirable qualities in other couples that I respect!





Another great candid moment!



Here is a familiar wedding tradition...the 'bustle' of the dress! Thank goodness for sisters and bridesmaids!



A bit of alone time before the reception events begin!













And one for fun! This was harder to achieve than you may think~ Just ask the Maid of Honor and Best Man! They were the one's who had to hold still for this one~



Betsy & Travis worked very hard on their first dance! It was the kick off to the reception and it was choreographed to Take on Me by A-Ha! It was the greatest thing I had ever seen...Here is the original music video to get you in the mood! They are so much FUN!









This song was such a great way to get the party started! They quickly followed this by dinner and cake cutting...and here are some priceless images!

Sweet...


Sooo THEM!


And a look of pure HORROR! Great expression Betsy!


After a quick clean up everyone was on the dance floor...singing and dancing it up...











capturing moments on video...



spending time with good friends...



slow dancing...



A good friend of the couple had been working on a very special photography project for them to hang in their home! She had been photographing different items that resembled letters to spell out their last name...BECKNER...if you look closely you can see it too! How creative and meaningful to think of the time energy she spent in creating the images that fit their personalities perfectly! What a great idea~



This last image was a must for me...About 2 years ago Betsy asked me to photograph the two of them together for a birthday present for herself! During our shoot we incorporated some Poloroid film and Betsy had kept them and brought them to the wedding...Even though they were not officially engaged at the time of the original photoshoot, the images are very meaningful and signify a very special time in their relationship! I wanted to capture the two significant times in their life into one image...



I'm so happy to have been asked to photograph this wedding! It was emotional and fun and truly was an example of the way a wedding should be...Congratulations to the newly wed couple! I hope that the future holds as much fun and love as your wedding day contained...if it does you will be set!

1 comment:

  1. these are really fun. I love the ring shots over the face....fun.

    ReplyDelete